Niveau d'eaux de Vardon, Var, Vesubie, Roya

discussions, suggestions et informations pour l'amélioration des infos eau vive sur le web (topos, niveaux temps réel, etc.)

Modérateur : punglas

flubber
Navigue avec (bateau) : Pyranha S6, Burn
département :
Rivière(s) sur laquelle je peux donner des infos :

#1 Message par flubber »

Bonjour,

mon francais cést tres meauvais. So I 'll continue in english.
We are leaving with a group of kayakkers for hte Alpes Maritime next week.
Does anybody know if there is enough water on upper Verdon, Var, Vesubie, Tinee, Roya?
Are there electronic gauges or telphone numbers to get information on the waterlevels?
Until now I did not find anaything on the web

Can you help me?

kind regards,
Menno
www.de-batavier.nl
Info@de-batavier.nl

punglas
Site Admin
Navigue avec (bateau) : ZET CROSS pour le pentu.<br>
Scandal pour le facile.
Topolino pour preter aux potos.
TWINTIP pour le playboat.
TopoDuo pour emmener femmes et copines.
département : 31
Rivière(s) sur laquelle je peux donner des infos : Garonne - Ariège - Pyrénées et MAssif central

#2 Message par punglas »

For Water Levels, see http://www.rdbrmc.com/hydroreel2/listes ... php?dep=06

Unfortunaltely I don't know minimum levels for paddling, can anyone help for that information ?

erika
Navigue avec (bateau) : slick stick
département :

#3 Message par erika »

Hi,

Unfortunatly we don't have much water in the region for the moment.. we actually almost never have..:( But it's still possible to kayak!

For the Vesubie river there are more water above Suquet. There might also be more water on the Tinne above Isola. For the rest I'm not so sure. But in general we don't have a lot of water but it's enough (or almost enought) to kayak...
So, the alpes maritimes might not be the best choice for kayaking at the moment but it's defenitely possible to kayak even if you will probably bump in to a lot of stones... and the sun is shining!
The Ubay not very far away from here might actually be the best choice in the region right now, they should have a more water than we do.

I will probably be kayaking on the Vesubie / Tinee / Ubay this we.

flubber
Navigue avec (bateau) : Pyranha S6, Burn
département :

#4 Message par flubber »

Thanx,
well the weather is good and if really is too low we still can go too the Ubaye river or Guil/Durance Area.
Is'nt there any snow that would melt if the temperature rises, or is it gone (melted) allready?

tauther
Navigue avec (bateau) : Creeker 225
Arktika
département : 06

#5 Message par tauther »

Hi,

According to what I can see everyday it remains snow for the Vesubie and the Tinee.
You should use the meteo forecasts
http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/mameteo/p ... EUID=REG19
with the link on the Vesubie gauge to try to guess when you can try to paddle the Vesubie or the Tinee.
It seems that the water levels and the temperatures have remained the same since last week-end. So the current water level on the Vesubie should be as described by Erika.

For the Esteron, as I don't know very well this river, you should contact the group of paddlers that came here end of last month.
The team did it the 22th or the 23th of March.
http://www.eauxvives.org/forum/topic.as ... hichpage=2
Riton07 wrote that 7 cumecs was enough.
And if you look to the La Clave gauge, then click on "procedure entree 2" at the bottom of the page, then "suivant", you can see that the team was lucky and that current level is around 3 cumecs.
So my bet would be that it may be not enough.

I'm new here so I can't help you more, but I believe that as suggested by Erika, the Ubaye option looks the best one, because the Guil/Durance is at two hours in the North and the Tinee and Vesubie at 2 hours in the south.
Moreover you are more likely to meet paddlers to exchange water level information in the Ubaye valley than here... :)

Unfortunately for you, Riton07 reported also the best period to paddle here is middle of may...

BR,

Fred

PS: Do you know that once you are in Nice, Corsica can be reached with some ferries in 3 or 4 hours :D

Decathlon National
Répondre